Much like the notebook this sticky note holder is straight forward and easy enough to do. Even children could make this one as it requires no dangerous materials like paper knifes or glue guns. Yeah!!!
It’s really attractive and I’m sure all note taking teens will appreciate this craft and will want to try it out for themselves in time for term.
I recommend as a blogger and student always having a stash of sticky ready for when needed. Some of my favorites come from simple shops like pound stretcher. The works also do gorgeous booked in sticky notes but are rather expensive with girly and doggie designs but since we can’t afford that here’s how to make your own sticky note holder using cheaper patterned but uncovered sticky notes from pound stores.
So here’s how I made it.
TO MAKE COVER
1. Take your packet of sticky notes and cut the backing back to the perimeter of the sticky notes.
*Leave the rest of the sticky notes still attached to the cardboard.*
2. draw round the perimeter of the notes on a piece of card.
3. double the measurements length wise and add 1cm on end for fold line.
4. cut the entire thing out round the outer lines only
5. fold directly down the middle.
6. glue the sticky notes to the right inner side of your card – leaving a little room just before the fold line
7. refold over the card
You are now ready to decorate…
1. Draw out a milkshake outline straight onto the cover using pencil.
Or print one of my ready-made milkshake templates.
It’s practically the same as the strawberry milkshake. Instead of pink you use brown.
1. colour in the milkshake liquid brown.
2. add silver for icing & the base as well as the outlining any detail on the straw and glass (see image)
3. colour the stripes on the jacket in blue
4. go back over the icing with brown pen in a squiggle shape up the tears of the icing
5. colour in the mini strawberry dark pink and green
6. Before finally fine penning any detailing in black
Finally add some text in your purple marker or plain old black. I just wrote sticky notes so I didn’t forget what they were.
These are now ready to use and ready to take with you wherever you go.
They’re conveniently pocket-sized and look stylish too. I find they’re great as gifts as many people will use them and think it’s really cool having their own design, unique to them.
So with that there you have it,
enjoy the stunning weather and keep on being creative this spring…
love Catsith Craftsxx